Monday, January 10, 2011

Another Story About Boots

I know I've been on a bit of a rant about boots lately, but I fear that there are people who are using the wrong boots for the wrong situations, (see: me) and I hope that someone who is wondering the same things as I was a few weeks ago will stumble upon this entry and it will save them a bit of heart/wallet-ache.

SO. Where we left off, winter was well in the works of starting up here in Toronto, and I had just spent $140 on a pair of mukluks that were about as warm as wrapping your socked feet in plastic bags. I since decided to start wearing my trusty Tretorn rain boots I purchased in New York. 
Overall, I recommend these boots. They are incredibly comfortable and stylish.

I was weary of wearing them out in the cold, but I have seen many people wearing the ones with thicker lining, as well as people wearing Hunter boots. I checked the INTERNET for any reviews of Tretorn's performance in winter, and found absolutely nothing... So I figured, I guess they will do until I find something else... but lo... after a week of wearing them in the cold:

So, DO NOT WEAR TRETORN BOOTS IN COLD WEATHER! As I suspected, there were several other people making the same mistake all around me. I need to start learning not to trust the masses!!!

I felt really put out. I didn't know what to do, but luckily my mom owed me a late Christmas present, so we went to the mall where I found the Sorel houndstooth boots.

The salesperson I had informed me that they are good in up to -20/-25 weather, so I got them. When I wear thin socks they are still a little cold at times, but overall I recommend them. They are comfortable for those of you who walk around a lot, and get sweaty when you're indoors and moving around, but they are your basic winter boot. They are fashionable and pretty much do their job. I like them and feel they were worth the $150, unlike the mukluks. 

So hopefully this review has been at all useful to you Canadian fashionistas stuck in a foot of snow this week. I sure wish something like this was around before I wasted all that money on shitty boots! Oh well. Now it does. If you have a friend considering any of these boots or you yourself are considering them, please heed my warnings! Mukluks are no good, no matter how cute they are.

That's all for now tweeps! Stay warm & fashionable this winter!


No comments:

Post a Comment